Hello Water Users,
Please see the below information on the Measurement Rules meeting on October 22. The Division 6 Office will be holding a meeting after the Measurement Rules meeting in Walden. It will be in the same place (Wattenberg Center) at 1:30pm. We will go over diversion records and how to look them up, and also the abandonment process. We will also answer any questions you have.
The Division of Water Resources (“DWR”) is holding public meetings to present information and gather input on DWR’s upcoming Measurement Rules rulemaking. The purpose of the rulemaking is to develop consistent, stakeholder-driven standards for the implementation of DWR’s statutory authority for requiring measurement devices for water diversion and storage and reporting of records. Meeting dates are as follows:
· October 7, Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1605 Lincoln Avenue, Steamboat Springs, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
· October 8, SOROCO High School, 305 South Grant St, Oak Creek, from 10:00 am – noon.
· October 11, Colorado Northwestern Community College, 500 Kennedy Drive, Rangely, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
· October 12, Meeker Fire Hall, 240 7th Street, Meeker, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
· October 22, Wattenberg Center, 686 CR 42, Walden, from 10:00 am – noon
· October 27, Moffat County Fairgrounds, 640 East Victory Way, Craig, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
The meetings will be similar and will cover the same material. It is not necessary to attend more than one meeting. For updates and other information on our Measurement Rules rulemaking see: dwr.colorado.gov. A virtual meeting will be scheduled at a later date.